One of our favorite family traditions at Easter time is to make Resurrection rolls (AKA Empty Tomb rolls or Easter Buns.)
If you’ve never made them before, it’s so fun! Basically, you wrap a butter and cinnamon-covered marshmallow in a crescent roll. When you cook it, the marshmallow magically disappears, creating an “empty tomb.”
The best part, though, is the Easter story that goes along with each step and process of making the rolls. I love that it is a fun way to remember Christ and the reason we celebrate Easter.
Easter Gift – Resurrection Rolls Kit
This kit is a great way to SHARE this fun Easter tradition with someone else! Sharing these rolls allows you to spread a little bit of the JOY of Easter – with a focus on Christ and the resurrection.
The printable pages include all the tags and directions you need. Put them all together into a bag, box, or basket and present it to someone special.
To make your kit, you will need:
- A bag, box, basket, or something to put the ingredients in
- 1 tube roll of crescent rolls
- 8 marshmallows
- 2 Tbs butter (I found some small butter sticks that were perfect for adding to the package)
- 3 Tbs sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- printable tags
Putting Your Kit Together
Once you have all your ingredients, you’re ready to put your kit together!
- Print and cut out tags (cardstock works best for the smaller tags. Plain paper works best for tag #3, which will be wrapped around the crescent rolls.)
- Place 8 (or more!) marshmallows in a small bag and tie tag #1 around it.
- Mix together 3 TBSP of sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon in a small Ziploc bag. Tie tag #2 around this bag and 2 TBSP (or a small stick) of butter.
- For the crescent rolls, use tape to stick the pink (not flowered) end to the rolls, then wrap around and use double-sided tape or a glue stick to attach the flowers. This folds around the tube of rolls easiest if it is printed on paper (not cardstock.)
- Attach the “Resurrection Rolls” tag to a bag or box with a glue stick or double-sided tape. Or you can tie it to a bag or basket with a ribbon or twine.
- Place all the ingredients, along with tag # 4 into the bag.
* If preferred, simply place all items into the bag with the recipe card, instead of attaching tags to each individual item.
Who can you share these with?
- your family
- your neighbors
- your ministering sisters
- your friends …
- anyone who could use a reminder of the reason we celebrate Easter!
So, print out these little tags, gather up all your ingredients, and having fun putting together and sharing this Easter tradition!