With all that is going on in the world right now, my mind has repeatedly been drawn back to the words from a favorite Primary song. Short and yet simple …
I want to be kind to ev’ryone,
For that is right, you see.
So I say to myself, “Remember this:
Kindness begins with me.”
Children’s Songbook, 145b
Kindness truly begins with each of us. In our hearts and in our actions.
Often, we don’t know what those around us might be going through. Giving a little bit of kindness can spread a long way. May we be kind to those we see who are hurting. And to those who may not visibly be so.
May we be more kind.
May we be more loving.
May we be more understanding.
May we be more like the Savior.
Here’s a free printable so you can have a daily reminder that kindness begins with YOU. Print out the signs (they’ll fit in an 8×10 frame) or the mini cards – or both!
Here are some ways you can use this free farmhouse printable:
- print to put in a child’s room or in a main area of your home.
- frame it, or use it like a poster
- share it on social media
- send to a friend, those who you minister to, or to the primary children or youth that you work with
- use the mini cards with a treat or do a little random act of kindness and leave a card behind
- save it to your phone as a wallpaper or background to remind you that kindness begins with YOU
How can YOU spread a little more kindness today?