Bringing along some family pictures was on the list of items my daughter needed to bring on her mission and she wanted to keep them all together in one place. Rather than using a bulky photo album we created this cute, simple little book of family photos. She kept it in her mission bag with her the entire time and she loved showing it to people. And everyone loved looking through it, too.
To make her book, we included pictures from our most recent family photo shoot. She chose her favorites of the family, the siblings, mom and dad, etc. We also printed out a picture of her on her baptism day with her dad, and then she took fun pictures with each family member to include in her book. We also included a page about her angel sister, which was a great way to share about the plan of salvation!
After she had selected all her photos, I made a front and back cover that we printed out as well.To make them all into a book, we simply printed all these out as 4×6 photos at Costco and then we took them to the UPS Store to get spiral binding on them. We did a total of 14 photos and then the front and back cover.
Making Your Own Family Photo Album
Here are the steps to make your own book
- Choose your favorite book cover and your photos. You will need an even number of photos.
- Print them out on a 4×6 size at your favorite printer (we did them at Costco.)
- Use a glue stick to glue the photos front to back.
- Laminate the pages, then cut out each page
- Put them in the order you want and then bind them. We took them to the UPS Store to be spiral bound, or you could punch holes in them and connect them with a metal ring.
This is a quick project that takes just a few minutes to put together, but will be a fun memory for your missionary to bring along.