Loving As The Savior Loves
Loving as the Savior does is the essence of the Gospel. This simple 5-Minute FHE lesson is a Family Home Evening lesson that provides discussion questions to help you find ways to show love just as the Savior did.
There’s also a cute printable to help your family find ways to show love to those around them. You can use the printable alone, or simply add in the discussion questions and you’ve got a 5-Minute FHE lesson!
What is a 5-Minute FHE?
It’s a simple lesson and printable that takes:
- Less than 5 minutes to prep. Simply print out the printable and grab a few supplies you likely already have on hand.
- About 5 minutes to carry out. The lessons are based on discussion questions that can be used with any age. Keep them short and simple for younger children or go into more detail and discussion for older children.
- A discussion style of learning. Using questions rather than statements allows family members to more readily share their thoughts and feelings. For younger children, you can easily add pictures to the questions to help them visualize and can keep the discussion to just one or two questions you feel are most relevant.
As I Have Loved You, Love One Another
Song: As I Have Loved You, Primary Songbook, pg. 136
- Show some pictures of Christ serving others from the Gospel Media Library.
- Read John 13:34
- How did Jesus show love to others?
- How does Jesus show love to me?
- Who can I show love to?
- What can I do to show love to those around me?
- Why is it important to show love like Jesus did?
- How do I feel when I show love to others?
- When is a time that someone showed love to me? How did I feel?
- When is a time I showed love to someone else? How did I feel? How did they feel?
(for a discussion that involves a more hands-on activity, cut the question strips above and hide them around the room. Take turns finding them, then reading and discussing!)
Think of ways you can show love to people around you. Write down something you will do this week in each of the areas. Color your paper and put it in a place where you can see it to help remind you to love like Jesus this week.
Make and decorate heart-shaped cookies. Deliver some extras to someone who can use some love!
May you have a joyful FHE as you learn to act in ways that show love as the Savior does.
You may also like these Valentine’s Day Mini Note Cards
Love all your work
Thank you, Janis!