I hope you enjoyed Conference last weekend and came away feeling refreshed and uplifted. I came away feeling a renewed need and motivation to create spiritual momentum in my life.
Keeping General Conference in Our Hearts
Though General Conference is a brief weekend, twice a year, there’s so much we can do to keep the words and feelings of Conference in our hearts over the coming months.
Elder Uchtdorf once said, “The words spoken at general conference should be a compass that points the way for us during the coming months.”
The 2 days we have when General Conference is broadcast are just the beginning! The words we heard last weekend can be a compass to lead us and give us spiritual momentum in the coming months.
If we simply listen and then go about our lives without making changes, we are missing out on the greatest blessings that Conference has to offer us. Now that Conference is over, it’s time for us to APPLY what we’ve learned to help us BECOME what our Father in Heaven wants for us to become.
“The greatest blessings of general conference come to us after the conference is over. Remember the pattern recorded frequently in scripture: We gather to hear the words of the Lord and then we return home to live them.”
-Robert D. Hales
I’ve included a printable of some of my favorite quotes from these sessions to help you remember the words we heard during Conference. I’ve made these into cute little minis that you can share on the go!
Because these messages are best when we apply them to all areas of our lives.
Here are some other fun ways to use these free printable General Conference quotes:
- Deliver them to your ministering sisters. (I promise they won’t be mad if you add some cookies or a little treat, too.) *wink
- Put them into a lunchbox
- Stick them in a backpack pocket
- Print out some extras for your kids to share with their friends
- Pin one up on the fridge (then replace it each week with a new one!)
- Put them in your teenager’s or spouse’s car
- Print some extras for your kids to pass around to their friends! They can stick them in lockers, backpacks, or desks
- Pull one out each week at FHE and discuss what it means to you and how it applies to us
- Leave them on your children’s pillows to be found at the end of the day
- Switch them out from time to time so that the messages of Conference truly last for the next 6 months
May the following months be full of spiritual momentum for you, as you study and apply the words from Conference.
You may also love these other resources to help you study General Conference!
Conference Club includes weekly resources to help you study one or two talks each week. It comes to your inbox each Sunday with workbooks, pretty printables and mor! Conference Club was created to help you intentionally appply and LIVE the teachings of General Conference in your own life.
This guided journal is the perfect notebook to keep notes as you study General Conference – as you listen during Conference weekend, or as you study in the following months. It includes plenty of space for you to record your own personal direction that the Spirit gives you as you study.